LIVES Free Wills Month Terms & Conditions:
- The LIVES Free Wills offer in partnership with Roythornes Solicitors is only valid on donations made to LIVES of £100 or more between 31st December 2018 and 31st January 2019.
- Donations made through the website must use a qualifying referral code. Donations made via telephone must quote the Free Wills offer or referral code at the time of making the donation.
- Donations must be made via the LIVES website at lives.org.uk/donate or via telephone by calling LIVES on 01507 525999.
- £100 does not include GiftAid boost.
- Vouchers will be sent digitally via email.
- Vouchers are valid between 1st January 2019 to 28th June 2019 and must be redeemed in that time period.
- The voucher is redeemed by booking an initial appointment with Roythornes.
- All meetings are to take place at one of Roythornes’ offices (Spalding, Peterborough, Nottingham or Alconbury).
- The voucher entitles the person who makes a valid donation and produces a valid voucher (“the donor”) to a Simple Will or to a discount of the donated amount (not including the GiftAid boost and up to a maximum discount of £200) plus an additional £50 discount should a Simple Will not be sufficient to meet the donor’s requirements.
- The voucher is redeemed by the donor booking an initial appointment with Roythornes Solicitors and will be classed as fully redeemed whether or not the initial appointment takes place.
- If the donor does not book at appointment at Roythornes Solicitors between 1st January 2019 and 28th June 2019, the voucher will be classed as fully redeemed.
- The voucher cannot be used for the provision of any other legal service by Roythornes Solicitors.
- Maximum of one voucher per person.
- Roythornes Solicitors have agreed to honour up to 100 vouchers with additional vouchers being honoured at their discretion.
What is included in the provision of a “Simple Will”?
- A Simple Will is a Will limited to the appointment of no more than 4 executors, a maximum of 3 specific gifts (outright gifts only which, for the avoidance of doubt, does not include gifts into any kind of trust) and up to 4 residuary beneficiaries (again, outright gifts only which does not include gifts into any kind of trust) along with Roythornes Solicitors standard interpretation provisions and administrative provisions.
- An email confirming the initial meeting appointment and detailing the documents the donor is to bring with them
- An initial meeting to take instructions (not exceeding 1 hour)
- Provision of a draft Will with an explanatory note
- A meeting to go through and execute the Will (not exceeding 30 minutes)
What is not included in the provision of a “Simple Will”?
- Matters which would otherwise be considered a Simple Will but where the mental capacity of the person making the Will is doubted
- Letters of assessment to a medical practitioner regarding mental capacity
- Any additional advice which, for the avoidance of doubt, means the following advice is excluded:
– Inheritance Tax mitigation;
– Care fee planning;
– Trust property or the taxation of the same;
– Lasting Powers of Attorney; and
– Potential claims under Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975.
If the donor’s requirements are such that the provision of a Simple Will is not appropriate a discount of the donated amount (not including the GiftAid boost and up to a maximum discount of £200) plus an additional £50 discount will be deducted from the fees charged by Roythornes Solicitors for the provision of a Will which does not qualify for a Simple Will.